Monday, April 13, 2015

Asterios Polyp

This week I read some Asterios Polyp and I absolutely loved it. It has a very interesting and engaging style. As cooky as this sounds, I really feel like the style reflects Asterios tone and voice. From the first panels I could already tell that architecture was going to be somewhat involved in the story. Something about the quality of the lines really reflect that. It's also so interesting how it can jump to different style in the same page! It's jarring, but at the same time makes a lot of sense in context of the story.

In general the story is very interesting. The changes in timeline make it very compelling to hear about the rise and fall of Asterios's career and life. Also, the fact that the objects he picked up during the fire in the beginning kept coming back in the story really kept me engaged and wanting to know more about them.

Overall, Asterios was a very interesting comic and I know I'll definitely look back at it for color palette and style inspiration for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment