Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Preacher Questions

1. Were there any prominent symbols in Preacher? And how were they used?

I noticed there were a couple of symbols in Preacher. For the most part they seemed sort of subtle and the artist/writer didn't call too much attention to them.  The first symbol I noticed was the mushroom cloud. Both when the church explodes and the cops are killed, there's a very clear mushroom cloud that forms over the scene. It seems like the saint of killers was provoked both of those things. Another symbol I noticed was the skulls and how they are present in the tomb and in the explosion that hits the priest.

2. Is there an aspect of the story in which you were able to make a personal connection with and what was the nature of this connection?

I think the characters and they way the panels were constructed were very 80's and I could almost imagine epic synth music and heavy metal solos playing at some parts. That's definitely something that kept me engaged. I made the heaviest connection with the killer character because he's like a badass zombie Clint Eastwood and being a lover of spaghetti westerns and the archetypes of it, I could really appreciate his nature. Overall, my connection to these aspects were very superficial and mostly based on aesthetics.

3. If you were to adapt this story to another medium, what changes would you make? and why?

Regardless of Moore's wishes, I can actually picture this comic being an awesome movie filled with very interesting and stylized special effects that merge it with its comic counterpart. I don't think I would change a lot about the story but definitely the way it's shot. I could also see it as a really cool cinematic videogame that's very story based and that occasionally you have to stop the story to fight some cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment